Draggable Views Tutorial
Thanks to Metal Toad Media for the great screencast! I am posting my notes here, because I find myself referring to them again and again and this is quicker for me than watching the screencast over and over. This is geared for a site using Drupal 7; it may also apply to earlier versions, but I haven't tested it.
- Install the Draggable Views module.
- Create your view with the desired criteria. Example name "My View."
- Set up an additional "sorting" view that will be used for the sorting criteria. Example name "My Sorting View."
- Configure this just like your desired view, but with format type "table" and leaving the default options selected.
- Add a field for the weight; do not exclude from the display.
- For "sort criteria," sort by the weight, leave default settings.
- In "My View", sort by "draggable views weight."